Business Northwest provides Burnie/Wynyard, and surrounding region, with a voice to advance and promote the commercial, development and economic interests of Burnie and surrounding areas.
- Networking Opportunity – To develop contacts and network with like minded business owners/operators or others with specialised knowledge and skills
- Invitations to Events – The BNW members are often asked to attend business forums and events.
- High Profile Guest Speakers – The BNW enjoys high profile guest speakers at each annual dinner and quality topical speakers at our fortnightly breakfast networking sessions and occasionally at our monthly general meetings.
- Informative – At each meeting of the BNW reports are given as to the activity within the commercial areas of the region, what is new and what issues are of concern.
- Input – As a representative or member you can express your view and participate in the decision making of the organisation, including the recommendation of action or lobbying to local, state or federal government levels.
- Access to Information – BNW (in conjunction with TCCI) presents regular seminars and training sessions relating to business operations, workplace health & safety and has a hotline to assist members in HR matters relating to the Fair Work Act.
The BNW comprises of members that are:
- Sole traders/proprietors
- Owners or Representatives from small, medium and large businesses
- Industry representatives
- From Government Agencies
- Representatives of Incorporated bodies and Not For Profits
- Professionals (self employed and employees)
- Interested Individuals
BNW meets on the 3rd Wednesday of each month. The meetings commence at 6pm and aim to conclude by 7.30 pm. The meetings are held in the Tom Wragg Board Room at The Burnie RSL Club, 36 Alexander Street, Burnie. Sometimes, for significant reasons, the meeting date and venue are changed. Due notice is given.
The meetings are open to all members and representatives. The Executive Committee meets in addition to these meetings when the need arises.
After each meeting a social drink and/or meal is had at the RSL Club. This provides an excellent way to network.
For further details call 0412 061501.
These are held fortnightly; breakfasts at Weller’s Inn featuring continental breakfast items plus a hot dish. Members and guests assemble from 7:00am onwards and network before being seated at 7:30. All attendees get the opportunity to introduce themselves to the meeting then main course is served. Around 7:45 the guest speaker will be introduced and speak for 30 minutes and take questions until the meeting closes at 8:30. Cost is $20 for members and $25 for non members. Occasionally breakfasts will be held at the Wharf Hotel in Wynyard.
See our events schedule for exact details.
It is not compulsory to attend General meetings. Membership criteria is not dependent upon attendance. Like all organisations, the more you involve yourself the greater the benefit. Each member is emailed the minutes of each meeting for information, whether having attended or not. We welcome meeting attendance and would encourage you to do so, but appreciate that life, in particular in the world of business, is very busy.
For further information or to discuss membership, please contact Business NorthWest
Business Northwest is a division of The Burnie Chamber of Commerce & Industry